TU Darmstadt wind tunnel
At the wind tunnel facilities, the Institute for Fluid Mechanics and Aerodynamics is provided with workshops and, inter alia, the following experimental facilities:
- Low-speed wind tunnel (Goettingen type with closed test section), 2.2 m x 2.9m
- 0.45 m x 0.45 m low-speed wind tunnel (Eiffel type)
- 0.15 m x 0.15 m trisonic wind tunnel, Mach 0.4 – 4.0
- August Euler Airfield, Germany's first airfield
- 2 motor gliders (Grob G109B)
The instiute is provided with a wide range of measurement techniques including e.g.
- hot wire measurement techniques
- Laser Doppler measurement techniques
- Phase Doppler measurement techniques
- High speed video (up to 1 M fps)
- Particle Image Velocimetry (incl. time-resolved PIV)
- access to magnetic resonance imaging techniques (e.g. Magnetic Resonance Velocimetry)
- several pressure measurement techniques
On the following pages you will find more information on the wind tunnel research facilities, research projects and products..
We welcome your enquiries and are happy to answer any of your questions regarding available capabilities and facilities. Please find your contact at the right hand side of the respective page.